Monday, August 12, 2013

so thankful I brought my violin‏




Here are some pictures from the past week! In the first one I was on exchanges with Sister Peay. Here's what happened. We were walking along the sidewalk after dinner sipping drinks, and all of a sudden I noticed a mom and daughter behind me, the daughter (about college-age) holding a violin. I said, "You play violin? I do, too!" and her Mom, seeming delighted that an American was showing interest in them, said, "Let her play!" So the daughter took out her violin on the street and I played "Meditation". Then we started talking about the gospel. Turns out they are Christian, so we said a prayer, taught them about the restoration, and the daughter was HOOKED. She kept asking questions that sounded like she was a fake investigator sent from the MTC, like, "How do I know this is true? How do I know Joseph Smith really is a prophet?"It was a really awesome experience, and we took a picture together afterwards.

The other picture is also of a time I got to use violin while proselyting this week! We got invited to a dinner party that was on the roof of an apartment building. It was absolutely beautiful; we were surrounded by tall towers on all sides, and as the night settled in we felt like we were so small in the middle of a starry city and starry sky. The member with the guitar is kind of a hipster, and he has looked up Searching for Celia music because I told him about the band. We jammed together, and it felt like I was jamming with Seb or Robby, it was so beautiful!

I love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and it will be emailed to me while I am on my mission.